[Wikipedia-l] Re: recipes

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 19 20:32:05 UTC 2005

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales a écrit:
> Anthere wrote:
>
>>I discovered today that recipes are now legally deleted from the english
>>wikipedia where they are not welcome any more.
>

> I think this is wrong.  A rule which says "no recipes" is really quite
> misguided, and I have never found the arguments against _all_ recipes
> to be very compelling.  Some recipes, to be sure, are not compelling,
> and Wikipedia is not a cookbook.
>
> But, I don't always get my way.
>
> --Jimbo

If we were a tiny minority to support that Jimbo, I would say nothing.
I would just say "well, fine".
If you remember well, this is what I said for Wikinews :-)

The problem is that we are not a tiny minority at all.

A couple of mails
http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikien-l/2004-February/010882.html
(optim)
    *
http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikien-l/2004-February/010885.html
(Fred)
    *
http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikien-l/2004-February/010881.html
(Mark)
    *
http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikien-l/2004-February/010883.html
(David)
    *
http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikien-l/2004-February/010903.html
(Geoff)
    *
http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikien-l/2004-February/010907.html (Ec)
    *
http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikien-l/2004-February/010904.html (Ec)
    *
http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikien-l/2004-February/010889.html
(Mark)
    *
http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikien-l/2004-February/010891.html
(Theresa)
    *
http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikien-l/2004-February/010895.html
(JIMBO)
    *
http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikien-l/2004-February/010899.html
(Erik)
    *
http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikien-l/2004-February/010902.html (dpb)
    *
http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikien-l/2004-February/010913.html
(Elian)

More discussion
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:List_of_recipes
Which mentions that there is a page with discussion

And http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia%3ARecipes_proposal
A proposal I made which shows no clear support for plain removing the
recipe either

-------

What bugs me is that it is perfectly okay that Gentgeen is bold and
remove them.
What is not bold is that it is a rule when it is obviously far from
globally agreed and that someone restoring a recipe could be reverted on
sight or even blocked.

I do not thing this is how rules should be set.