[Wikipedia-l] Yet another portal page

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Tue Jan 11 15:26:18 UTC 2005

Andre Engels (andreengels at gmail.com) [050112 02:13]:

> As a member of the Dutch Wikipedia I would like to protest the current
> division in categories by number of articles, especially when the
> highest category is called "the 5 largest Wikipedias". The Dutch
> Wikipedia is larger than the Swedish, we just have that size spread
> out over less articles. Apparently that is a feat that is not being
> appreciated by the international community.

You haven't been reading the list, have you? I've been pointing it out
repeatedly ... you should go through and reply to some of the messages so
far.

That said, the 50k division is arbitrary and you have about 2500 articles
to go.

*That* said, I think we do need some sort of division on the portal page -
otherwise it'll be even worse visually.

(And I so hope Klingon doesn't make 100 articles.)

- d.