[Wikipedia-l] New community newspaper on en:

Michael Snow wikipedia at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 10 09:07:00 UTC 2005

(With my apologies for cross-posting to different mailing lists. I wrote
a separate message to wikien-l, so some of you will have already read
about this, but I thought it would be good to mention this to some of
the non-English Wikipedians who don't subscribe there.)

As the English Wikipedia has gotten so big that even the most active and
experienced users can't really follow all of the major events there,
I've started a newspaper to try and collect that information for people.
You can find it here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Signpost

Obviously, anyone is welcome to read it, but it's intended to be mostly
for and about the English Wikipedia. Collectively (and in some cases,
individually), all the other languages could undoubtedly have a similar
newspaper, but I don't speak all those languages, and I'm only one
person. Anyway, I think this is the sort of thing that we develop
according to need, so whenever any individual project thinks it needs
this, feel free to use and adapt this idea.

--Michael Snow