[Wikipedia-l] Re: com

Alfio Puglisi puglisi at arcetri.astro.it
Sun Jan 9 16:03:28 UTC 2005

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005, Till Westermayer wrote:

>I also would like to say I like Magnus proposal to highlight the browser
>preference language in some way.

Instead of highlighting one language, one can waste a bit of screen real
estate duplicating information: what about a prominently displayed box
with something like this:

"Wikipedia in your language:  Português"

if I have pt: as my browser language? (maybe translating also the "in your
language", if a translation is available).

After this box, the usual wikipedia listing of languages in reverse
article count order, like www.wikipedia.org right now.

In this way, if one has a language preference he can find it quickly,
without searching in 100s of languages. If you speak Spanish and you
instead want to edit the Kurdish wikipedia, search for Kurdî in the big
list.

Alfio