[Wikipedia-l] Re: Bibliography

Karl Eichwalder ke at gnu.franken.de
Sun Jan 9 09:51:44 UTC 2005

Jens Ropers <ropers at ropersonline.com> writes:

> In theory I'd be inclined to agree. Yet Project Gutenberg does not
> anywhere near have the "instant editability" that Wikisource has.

That's agood thing - sources do not change ;)  Of course, sticking
comments to sources is another issue and that's an area where the wiki
way comes in.

> So, yes, maybe we should merge.

I forgot to mention, we already merged - I know more than one person who
contributes to both projects.

> Of course they are established, have "brand recognition" and
> have already completed lots of work, so "us *joining* them" would maybe
> be the better (more polite and palatable to them) way of putting it.

Yes, thanks for getting these things right.

> But if were to merge/join, we should bring the wiki concept along.

Yes, from time to time annoting systems are discussed on the PG
mailinglist and, of course, someone mentions WP resp. wiki*.

--
http://www.gnu.franken.de/ke/                           |      ,__o
                                                        |    _-\_<,
                                                        |   (*)/'(*)
Key fingerprint = F138 B28F B7ED E0AC 1AB4  AA7F C90A 35C3 E9D0 5D1C