[Wikipedia-l] A portal page for www.wikipedia.org (was Re: Whywww.wikipedia.org => en.wikipedia.org ?)

pinco pinco at kiesperanto.org
Fri Jan 7 10:17:52 UTC 2005

Jack Lutz ha scritto:

>>I once had a demo site (somewhere...) that would display all languages
>>like the above page, *but* highlight the language(s) from the HTTP
>>language settings. So, for me, en and de would be highlighted, but all
>>would be displayed. Makes it easier to find what you're likely to look
>>for, but still possible to find everything you want.
>>
>>Magnus
>>

>Regarding language settings, isn't it possible to have a portal
>automatically redirect to the appropriate language subdomain based on these?

I'd like the Magnus' solution:
I don't like to be automatically redirected to the Italian subdomain,
because I'm working (even if only occasionally) on the Swahili one, and
I'm interested to the Esperanto version, too. So according to the
Magnus' idea I would have the IT (my HTTP setting) highlighted, but with
the other languages at hand.

Ciao,
Nino

--