[Wikipedia-l] Templat for link to wikipedia from an external wiki-installation

Sabine Cretella sabine_cretella at yahoo.it
Sat Jan 1 10:05:05 UTC 2005

Hi, I am creating a local portal based on wikimedia wiki. Now in
wiktionary we use a template to link the page automatically to wikipedia:

=== ''Vedi anche'' ===
Per informazioni aggiuntive su {{PAGENAME}} vedi
[[w:{{PAGENAME}}|Wikipedia]]

I tried to transfor this for my portal, but strange things come out

=== ''Vedi anche'' ===
Per informazioni aggiuntive su {{PAGENAME}} vedi
[http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/{{PAGENAME}} Wikipedia]

(Link to the template:
http://wesolveitnet.com/maiori/index.php?title=Template:-wikipedia-it-)

You can see an example here:
http://wesolveitnet.com/maiori/index.php?title=Roberto_Rossellini

It seems as if Roberto is seen as the link where to go and Rossellini is
shown together with "Wikipedia" as the link to klick on.

How should this link be built in order to have it work correctly?

And I'd also like to use this mail to wish you a happy 2005
http://it.wiktionary.org/wiki/Felice_Anno_Nuovo%21

Ciao, Sabine

--
Sabine Cretella