[Wikipedia-l] Re: Stable versions policy

Michael Snow wikipedia at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 28 07:27:28 UTC 2005

Magnus Manske wrote:

>I don't know if you've seen my test page, but just below the title,
>there's a line "This is the stable version. The current working version
>is [[here]]".

Perhaps choosing words that less drastically separate the two versions
will make it psychologically easier to bridge the gap that makes readers
into editors.

"This is the public version. An updated, editable draft is [[here]]."

I think this would still get across the point that one is more stable
and reliable, without creating an atmosphere that denigrates the ongoing
process.

--Michael Snow