[Wikipedia-l] Re: CNN today

Walter Vermeir walter at wikipedia.be
Sat Dec 24 23:49:05 UTC 2005

daniwo59 at aol.com schreef:
[cut]

> I wonder how we can use this to our advantage. I also wonder if we can get  a
> copy.
>
> Danny

I wonder of the know that Wikipedia is almost as big regarding web
traffic as cnn.com and most likely be bigger very soon.

http://tinyurl.com/at7sw

You should ask CNN of you can get permission to put a copy of it online
for Wikimedia.

Other Wikipedias can do that also. I am doing that for the dutch
Wikipedia. When there is a radio interview with a Wikipedian or only
about WikipediaNL I try to get permission for the use of that audio
recording. Until now the responds is very good. The like Wikipedia and
give easy permission. That is fun to have, especialy some years later.

Wikipedias can also collect paper clippings about there project from
there local news papers. When you are somewhere telling about Wikipedia
it is nice that you can show that.

--
Contact: walter AT wikipedia PUNT be
Ook een artikeltje schrijven? Zorg dan dat je niet achter een proxy zit.