[Wikipedia-l] Stable versions policy

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 16:19:37 UTC 2005

Magnus Manske wrote:
> Wikipedia Romania (Ronline) wrote:
>

>> Finally, I'd just like to let everyone remember where Wikipedia started.
>> The factor that's distinguished Wikipedia from basically every other
>> reference work on Earth has been its *absolutely* open nature.
>> Anyone can edit it! That's what's worked so well in ensuring such
>> a dynamic, comprehensive, deep and updated encyclopedia.
>>

> And with stable versions, that would change how?
> (Yes, it's a trick question: it wouldn't.)
>
> Magnus
Hoi,
When implementing something like "stable versions" make no difference,
if it means that people will still see the latest and greatest, what is
the point of stable versions? And if people DO get the stable version
and not the latest and greatest, how can you think it is a trick
question.. or are you the trickster ?
Thanks,
   GerardM