[Wikipedia-l] Christmas presents, or: MediaWiki, reloaded

Tomer Chachamu the.r3m0t at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 20:16:14 UTC 2005

Here are some of my suggestions:
1) Name pages "Task:Main_Page/Cleanup" or
"Task:Main_Page/Cleanup/20051225" with a fallback such as
"Task:Main_Page/Cleanup/20051225_2"
or "Task:Main_Page/Cleanup/R3m0t" or something! I think date would be best.
2) Alias "Special:Assignments" to the
"?title=Special:Tasks&mode=myassignments" behaviour. :)
Tasks	Cleanup Wikify Rewrite Delete Create Write (No selection here
will search all task types.)
Status	Open Assigned Closed Won't fix
Sort	Oldest first"
Remove the text "(No selection here will search all task types.)" (but
keep the related behaviour) and also tick all the task types by
default to prevent ambiguity. Then again, if somebody wants to filter
by task... well, perhaps you should wait for somebody to agree or
disagree with me before implementing it.
4) So will you write a feature to allow admins/trusted people to edit
the task types? :)