[Wikipedia-l] creation of Ligurian wikipedia (maybe already sent, sorry)

Claudi Meneghin clamengh at yahoo.fr
Fri Dec 9 14:50:39 UTC 2005

  Sirs,
      I am now asking the creation of a Ligurian Wikipedia, with domain:

      http:/lij.wikipedia.org

      (SIL code: lij )
      since  there is wide consent to its creation (16 support 3 against) and  support enough from native speakers (5 in my count, 8/12/05).

      I am compelled to talk about the fact that this  requests, on the appropriate metawiki page, has subdued an odd history:
      1) discussion, with progressive increasing consensus;
      2) moved to section 5.1,   'approved, but in need of native speakers', then native speakers subscribed, and some opponent as well;
      3) the page was moved back to 'discussion ongoing' (odd, by  chapter about 'procedures': this fact arouse of course criticism.
      4)  since wiki-conditions were all fulfilled, I moved the page to 'approved requests'.

      Summing up, since there is wide consensus, and wiki-rules for creation are fulfilled, I would ask this creation.

      Best regards,

      Claudio Meneghini