[Wikipedia-l] the road to stability -- Yes! we have a winner!

SJ 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 00:42:07 UTC 2005

Cooling/heating :  generate a crude 'trussst' metric; (# of edits +
length of activity) x (simple factor), with (factor) inculding some
aspect of community recognition.  As an article cools, slowly raise
the level of trussst needed to edit it (and vice-versa).  If a
would-be editor tries to edit the page, artfully redirect to the talk
page or a temp subpage, saying "please add your suggested changes or
modifications <a>here</a>. If you would like to work on a temporary
copy of this [section|article], you can do so <a>here</a>".

SJ

++SJ