[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia in China

Austin Hair callidus at austinhair.org
Mon Sep 27 21:25:07 UTC 2004

> Look back on history, though China had the most powerful navy and army
> since the 10th century, we did not want to conquer the whole world.
> Only the whites would go all around the world robbing and killing.

I'm not Chinese.  Not remotely so.  I do, however, know for a fact that
China was practicing an active policy of imperialism until fairly
recently in modern history.  The emperor (take note of the term) fancied
himself sovereign of a global dominion which included Europe, as
dynastic literature tells us, and with the exception of a brief period
of isolation during the 16th and 17th centuries China was as imperialist
as they come.

> Prosperity of China is indeed great. At least we would not turn into
> another superpower that invades another country thousands of miles
> away.

Perhaps because you're too busy oppressing your own people.

--
Austin D. Hair <austin at austinhair.org>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Callidus