[Wikipedia-l] Re: wikipedia in China

Fred Bauder fredbaud at ctelco.net
Sat Sep 25 15:18:33 UTC 2004

This is misleading and a potential source of embarassment to them. We will
jump all over them if they come on and try to rewrite articles, "POV, blah
blah blah", "Wikipedia is not an appropriate place for political advocacy"
and so on.

What we want to communicate is the assurance that their viewpoints will be
appropriately included and refered to. Of course, there has to be a
published viewpoint in order to refer to it.

Social and political information developed by the government of China is
often considered confidential and not generally available, people who have
made it available have been criminally charged for disclosure of state
secrets.

Fred