[Wikipedia-l] Re: wikipedia in China

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales jwales at wikia.com
Sat Sep 25 10:14:27 UTC 2004

Anthere wrote:
> I do not mean chinese editors should not talk about the controversial
> issues, but if they should also take *great care* to talk about the good
> points above mentionned.

I am not yet sure that Anthere and I agree in every respect on these
issues, but I do agree with this point: Chinese editors who are
working on sensitive topics should take *great care* to be sure that
their writing is impeccable.  Force the authorities to implicitly or
explicitly concede that it isn't libel or falsehoods being banned, but
information itself.

--Jimbo