[Wikipedia-l] Re: wikipedia in China

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Fri Sep 24 05:50:25 UTC 2004

Anthere wrote:

> Now... I ask the question. Why would it be shocking to provide a
> """short""" article on this board issue (the closing of the board in
> China) and invite the reader to have further information by following
> external links ?

I'm not sure how to easily do this --- we'd still have to have it on
Wikipedia if we want to make the information available ourselves, and to
have it available in Chinese (having an article in English does no good
for people who don't speak English).  With the [[en:clitoris]] article,
there wasn't any talk of moving it to an external server or anything of
that sort---it was still right there on wikipedia.org for anyone to view.

-Mark