[Wikipedia-l] toki pona

Angela_ beesley at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 02:45:36 UTC 2004

I've just reverted over 200 edits on the toki pona Wikipedia. Someone
apparently feels the language is copyrighted so decided to replace
every page, including user pages and the main page, with a copyright
violation notice, presumably with the use of a bot. I've reverted
these, although unfortunately the "bot rollback" failed on later pages
so recent changes is a mess. I haven't deleted anything, so if people
want to see the pages, such as "copyviopedia" this person created they
can still do so.

As far as I am aware Sonja Kisa, the creator of the language, has
released it under the GFDL, but I can't find any mailing list evidence
to back this up.

If this is not the case, the wiki should obviously be removed but
vandalizing hundreds of pages is not the way to go about this. I
suggest we wait to hear from Sonja on the status of the copyright and
remove it she can not confirm it is GFDL.

Angela.