[Wikipedia-l] Starting a new wiki

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales jwales at wikia.com
Mon Sep 20 23:03:10 UTC 2004

Mark Williamson wrote:
> But if you are speaking only of conlangs, then I entirely agree. the
> Klingon wikipedia might be moved to KLI webspace, and the Toki Pona
> wikipedia might be moved to the Toki Pona website, especially since
> Toki Pona itself is copyrighted (Klingon may be too, I'm not sure).
> The Lojban wikipedia is a bit questionable in my mind but it seems
> that in the minds of others it is on a level with tokipona: and tlh:,
> so perhaps it could be moved to the Lojban website?

Well, I think we should seriously consider a process for generating
consensus on these questions and then we should make some changes.

What is really needed, but complex to generate, is a consensus policy
to guide future decision making.  I feel that it is not necessary for
such a consensus policy to be 100% consistent with past practice, i.e.
we can continue to support some projects that we would not agree to
start today.

--Jimbo