[Wikipedia-l] Re: wikispecies

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Wed Sep 15 03:50:00 UTC 2004

Anthere-
> The point is, most people have not followed what wikispecies project was
> about, so it is not certain whether they would do an informed vote. This
> might be well one of these cases where voting is not a good idea Erik :-)

I see voting useful as a way to gauge where people stand, but perhaps,
when we only want to do that, we should not call it voting. Instead,  we
could have an "opinion matrix":

users     opinion summary                 arguments
Mav       opposed to separate             - leads to fragmentation,
Erik      project, support                  duplication
          Wikimedia Commons               - bad precedent
          [[/Detailed proposal]]
Anthere   support Wikispecies,            - otherwise, risk of external
Angela    at least for now                  forks
                                          - features can be added later

This way we can easily get an overview of the different points of view,
and better try to find solutions that satisfy everyone involved. That
would also help outside people to understand more quickly what a
discussion is about.

Regards,

Erik