[Wikipedia-l] Re: One Chinese Wikipedia - please publish!

Tim Starling ts4294967296 at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 11 04:08:16 UTC 2004

yuanml wrote:
> I really want to solve this problem, and I think I have the ability,
> but just now i only have no time. The other difficulty for me is that
> I don't have a thorough understand of the Squid cache.
>
> I think, to solve this problem, we must design a solution are conformable with the
> url, database and Squid cache requirement. Chinese Wikipedia community had discussed these problems
> for a long time, The real problem so far is that no programmer take the real step.
>
> I plan th solve it in the next year when I finnished my graduate thesis, if no one take the real step.
> It is very welcome that someone is interesting about the problem and work hard to solve it.

Please, please publish what you have done. It is not only the Chinese
Wikipedia community that is interested in solving this problem. Other
developers on the MediaWiki development team have the necessary
expertise in database and squid issues, but don't have the linguistic
knowledge.

We all understand that in a volunteer project, motivation comes and
goes. If you lose motivation, it's important that you publish what you
have done so that others may continue it.

I can give you CVS access if that would help.

-- Tim Starling