[Wikipedia-l] One Chinese Wikipedia

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales jwales at wikia.com
Thu Sep 9 15:09:03 UTC 2004

As a temporary measure, we are shutting it down right now.  Switching
it to read-only, moving it to closed-zh-tw subdomain so people can
salvage their work if it's important.

Looking at it, I see exactly 1 user in the past 7 days.  So we are not
stomping on a group of people trying to do something.

If it continues to exist, it would attract an audience even if it is
not a good idea.

We can leave the issue open for the zh community to decide.  I
personally advice for unity.  Similar to "One China, Two Systems", I
propose "One zh, two character sets."

--Jimbo