[Wikipedia-l] The deletion of not used pictures

Stan Shebs shebs at apple.com
Sun Sep 5 18:29:20 UTC 2004

Gerard Meijssen wrote:

> On nl:wikipedia a valid reason for the deletion of pictures is that
> they are not used. I have asked at "the kroeg" that they should not be
> deleted in anticipation of WikiCommons.
>
> Andre Engels asked me why I thought that there will be a WikiCommons
> as both he and I have so far been given the cold shoulder treatment on
> WikiCommons. His question is fair. What do I base my trust on that
> there will be in the near future a WikiCommons ?
>
> Question:
> *Should these pictures be deleted from nl:wikipedia ?

Would people insist on deleting them if they are linked from your
user page? Lots of people on en: have personal galleries of
images, not all of which are presently being used in articles.
They're useful as "placeholders", so other people can just include
them, instead of duplicating effort by uploading their own pictures
of the same things.

Stan