[Wikipedia-l] Re: Edward W. Felden on wikipedia

Timwi timwi at gmx.net
Sun Sep 5 01:06:52 UTC 2004

Mathias Schindler wrote:

> http://www.freedom-to-tinker.com/archives/000674.html
>
> "Until I read the Microsoft-case page, I was ready to declare Wikipedia
> a clear success. Now I'm not so sure. Yes, that page will improve over
> time; but new pages will be added. If the present state of Wikipedia is
> any indication, most of them will be very good; but a few will lead
> high-school report writers astray."

HAH.

The Microsoft anti-trust case article was majorly rewritten at some
point by [[User:Brian Kendig]]. At the time I was watching him a little,
and I noticed his re-writing of this article. It stuck out to me as
being majorly POV and possibly factually inaccurate.

Now, I wasn't (and still am not) an expert in this field, so I didn't
know what facts to dispute, but at least I could cry "POV!". I tagged
the article as having its neutrality disputed and attempted to begin a
discussion on the talk page.

The NPOV dispute tag was simply removed, and I was told "You can't
simply mark an article as disputed; you have to point out what exactly
you are disputing." I said I was disputing the entire article, but I was
ignored.

Timwi