[Wikipedia-l] wikimage startup?

Andre Engels engelsAG at t-online.de
Mon Mar 29 17:31:36 UTC 2004

It has been discussed before, I think I want to go beyond discussion,
and get this thing rolling. I would like to start setting up a database
of public domain and copyleft images, using the Wikipedia technology.

Goal: Provide a source for public domain and copyleft images, in the
first place intended for Wikipedia, but of course also for use by any
other projects (in particular copyleft projects), whether connected
to Wikipedia or not.

For this, I would like to get Wikimedia set up at some url like
image.wikipedia.org for the time being; standard setup should be
changed in that the image-namespace would be in the standard search
options. Once this is done, it can be announced at Wikipedia etcetera,
and I hope I will get some others who would like to help getting this
to work.

Andre Engels