[Wikipedia-l] Re: Wikimedia Commons

Arnaud G arnaud at amarys.com
Wed Jun 2 11:53:32 UTC 2004

>In my opinion, it kind of depends on what the pictures show, and on what
>descriptions are given. I don't want 50 similar pictures of the tower of
>Pisa. I do want 50 pictures if this one is taking at sunset, that one shows
>the surroundings as well and the third one is from an unusual direction.

I agree with you each picture should bring some information, it unuseful
to have 30 time the same picture.  I think that it's very useful to have
many picture (and detailed one) of the same object. Picture ofen bring
more information than a long text. Currently I have also a problem on
how to incorporate those images in an article. Currently I m creating a
gallery where I m putting all the images with a short comment on each
picture.
see for instance:
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cath%C3%A9drale_de_Lausanne/galerie
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notre-Dame_de_Paris/galerie