[Wikipedia-l] User:Fire

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sat Jul 31 21:10:08 UTC 2004

I am annoyed by the behaviour of user:fire.  He is not a sysop on
Wikisource, yet he was able to come and block a user indefinitely with
no better excuse than a non-working link to wikipedia about name-change
policy.  I immediately reversed the block.

Those who participate in Wikisource are quite capable of deciding who
should be blocked.  We don't need this loose cannon who has not
otherwise participated in Wikisource to sneakily acquire some kind of
superior access for no other reason to block a user that he does not like.

Ec