[Wikipedia-l] Re: A WikiJamSession Fantasy

Stan Shebs shebs at apple.com
Fri Jul 23 22:59:31 UTC 2004

Timwi wrote:

> Stan Shebs wrote:
>
>> Universities tend to be a little more standoffish about this sort of
>> thing; faculty and students are focused on their studies, and the
>> unwashed masses of the general public 1/2 :-) are an unwelcome
>> distraction.
>

> Would it help if one of the Wikipedians is a student of the University
> in question, and the session is done this summer before the beginning
> of the next term?

If said student was the child of a top donor, perhaps. :-) Not to be
too cynical, but students are pretty low in the academic hierarchy.
I think it would take a dean or full professor who was a WP enthusiast
to have sufficient pull to arrange to commandeer part of the
university's library - we have some academics on this list, perhaps
they could weigh in on what they think they could arrange at their
own institutions.

Stan