[Wikipedia-l] Re: Time to set up charter

Anthere anthere8 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 05:29:32 UTC 2004

Nicolas Weeger a écrit:
> Thank you, Anthere, for stating so clearly everything :)
> Just making a few comments here & there, please take'em as my own views
> on things.

Nicolas...you must be joking :-)
I did not write that. I never state things clearly like this :-))

It is something that was written in the first year of Wikipedia. I do
not know exactly when, for it is anterior to the software phase II.
Problably the first months.
I love historical texts.
I am glad to see that Christopher agreed with it.

No one else made any comment though
There is the problem.
Three years ago, we had a statement of principles, while only one person
was supporting the whole project

Now, we are trying to set association, and we have none.

Here is a sentence I would have loved to see in a global charter we
would all have adopted together

We agree to
* respect the autonomy of member associations, but require of all
adherence to WikiMedia mission, and commitment to quality, openness and
respect of members

...or anything similar
...with above description of WikiMedia mission