[Wikipedia-l] Re: Proposal: foundation-l

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Tue Jan 27 12:57:37 UTC 2004

Walter-
> It may look an good idea to create an new special list for this. But the
> reality proves that topic specific lists are not very successful.

> Not much used
> http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikilegal-l

That's because the word "legal" scares people.

> absolute failure
> http://mail.wikipedia.org/mailman/listinfo/announce-l

That's because we have no rules for making announcements, nor a staff of
volunteers who has pledged to do so.

The foundation-l list is necessary because wikipedia-l is clearly the
wrong place to discuss 1) Wikimedia organization issues, 2) possible new
projects and other tasks for the foundation.

On the other hand, I'm strongly in favor of merging intlwiki-l into
wikipedia-l.

Regards,

Erik