[Wikipedia-l] Re: bylaws part II

Anthere anthere8 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 25 12:48:23 UTC 2004

Alex R. a écrit:
> From: "Anthere" <anthere8 at yahoo.com>
>

>>Delirium a écrit:

> application

> individual.

> is

> it

>>A notary ?!?
>>Well...I never had the use of a notary, even to receive an heritage :-(
>

> Ant, in the United States a "Notary" is not the same this as a "Notaire"
> under the civil law.  A Notary Public is someone who takes oaths and
> verifies the identities of individuals. They usually perform this service
> for a small sum, you can usually go to a public shop such as a pharmacy or
> perhaps a bank or savings and loan assocation or credit union and for a
> couple of dollars they will verify your identity.  In Quebec we call this a
> "Commissioner of Oaths".

We have no such thing in France. We show our identity card, a copy is
provided if necessary.

Until recently, we could go to the city hall, and have an official copy
of it for case such as this one, but the practice is now bogus.

There is no other way to prove our identity than to show an identity
card, or to request a birth statement from where we born. Which is
rather infrequent.