[Wikipedia-l] Bylaws VI

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sat Jan 24 20:47:07 UTC 2004

Anthere wrote:

> These bylaws may be altered, amended or repealed and new Bylaws may be
> adopted by a majority of the entire Board of Trustees at any regular
> meeting or special meeting, provided that at least ten days written
> notice is given of intention to alter, amend or repeal or to adopt new
> Bylaws at such meeting.
>
> Do I understand well when reading that all powers are in the hands of
> the board only, that only board has the power to empeach one of the
> board member if necessary, that the board will then replace the
> missing member, and that only board decide of any bylaws modifications ?

Yeh, what did you expect?  There is nothing in that section about
impeachment, or replacing members.

(BTW Anthere. Thanks for breaking up your comments on the by-laws into
smaller eMails.  As much as I often agree with you, I do find some of
your postings a little long.  The effect is often that I put those aside
for later response.  I have some of those left in my "in box" from last
year that are still waiting until I have enough free time to answer them
with appropriate consideration.)

Ec