[Wikipedia-l] Bylaws

Anthere anthere8 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 24 08:47:58 UTC 2004

We are currently trying to translate the bylaws (thanks Jeff !)

A paragraph raised my attention

A. CONTRIBUTING ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP: Active membership in this Foundation
shall be limited to volunteers who have contributed to any Wikimedia
project prior to the election ballot request deadline after their
application for membership and payment of annual dues. All active
members shall have the right to vote in this Foundation at any
membership vote for the Contributing Active Member Representative to the
Board of Trustees.

Why shall only those contributing before the election be considered
members ? What about all those who will join next month ? Did I
misunderstand something here ?