[Wikipedia-l] Amazon and others

wiki pedista wikipedista at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 20 19:32:02 UTC 2004

I feel strongly against Amazon, too, but I'm not just
going to say good-bye.

My opinions on the matter are as follows:

It is acceptable to try get income from links that we
already provide given than:

*the programs are not exclusive
*the links to affiliated and not affiliated outfits
let the user know who is an affiliate, but they don't
emphasize the affiliates.
*let clear to the user that some links lead to
affiliate
stores, but we do not endorse any of them, affiliate
or
not.
*make sure the affiliate store can't use our
relationship with them for their promotion.

About the last point, I would '''really''' hate
to see an enemy of the free software movement like
Amazon to put in a page "affiliate of the the day
Wikipedia", the crown jewel of the free content
movement.

AstroNomer