[Wikipedia-l] New edit modus

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Sun Jan 18 18:57:00 UTC 2004

Hi Tillwe,

> the server is extremly slow at the moment, so I move this from the
> village pump to here. Eloquence wants to implement a default edit mode
> using click-buttons for formating. This doesn't work with a number of
> browsers. With some, it just doesn't do anything (browser that don't
> support JavaScript).

That's been changed in CVS - JavaScript-disabled browsers will not show
the toolbar.

> With other browsers which support JavaScript but
> not the right kind, it does funny things (as inserting the formating
> tags not at the cursors place, but at the end of the edited text).

That's not "funny", it's intended behavior, as these browsers do not
support JavaScript selection. It's still helpful for learning the tags.

> One of this browsers is Netscape 7.1, and if I understand the discussion
> at the village pump correclty, Mozilla won't work correctly, too.

No, you didn't understand it correctly. Please refrain from further
whining until the feature is actually activated.

Regards,

Erik