[Wikipedia-l] Wikipedia in TomeRaider format for PDAs

Erik Zachte e.p.zachte at chello.nl
Fri Jan 16 13:31:09 UTC 2004

> Umm. If formatting versions for different languages is
> seriously expensive effortwise, ignore this note.

It is. It takes me almost a week to check for Wp specific oddities
(like restructured main page, which needs Wp specific parsing to render
into a TOC),
convert 5 Wp's for 3 platforms to TomeRaider format,
import in TR, zip, split, MD5, upload to Brion's PC (only this takes 20
hrs now for 700 Mb).

This is without adjustments for ever evolving wiki syntax.
Building custom TeX to HTML convertor took me 2 months.
By the way, new table syntax not yet supported.

New versions can be added with minimal translation effort,
but not for more or less trivial purposes, sorry.

Fortunately the files a well in demand.
Over 15,000 page views on my site since April 2003.

Erik Zachte