[Wikipedia-l] Re: Donor management

Brian Corr BCorr at NEAction.org
Wed Jan 14 16:46:07 UTC 2004

There are a couple of free options that a lot of nonprofits I've worked
with are using, but the best one I've seen is ebase 2.0
<http://www.ebase.org/>. However, as far as I know, it's only available for
the Mac and Windows platforms, since it's a a FileMakerPro application. (It
includes a run-time version of FileMakerPro so you don't even need to buy
FMP unless you want to do a lot of customization or use it across a network
or have it be web-enabled.) The FAQ are here:
<http://www.ebase.org/about/faq.htm>

         ebase® 2.0 — Community Relationship Management
         By Nonprofits for Nonprofits

         ebase 2.0 is powerful and affordable database software created by
TechRocks, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, for other nonprofits. ebase
software and manuals are distributed free of charge, however fees are
charged to access online support resources.

         In collaboration with nonprofit staff, database developers, and
volunteers – the ebase community – ebase was designed to support the
operations of your organization without locking you into a proprietary data
structure or expensive software solution.

         ebase enables you to build strong and lasting relationships with
your communities: members, donors, volunteers, activists, funders, and clients.
With ebase 2.0 you can:

     * Integrate your data about community members in one place
     * Manage and personalize email lists within ebase
     * Track "who knows who" to build deeper relationships
     * Own your own data: Secure your data and control it in-house
     * Evaluate the cost-effectiveness of campaigns as you move donors and
volunteers up the "ladder of engagement"

         ebase 2.0 support community contribution

         Although ebase is distributed for free, the cost of supporting
ebase is recovered through fees to access online support resources. To help
keep costs low for groups that can't afford expensive support services,
please consider making a voluntary contribution to support the ebase
support community.