[Wikipedia-l] mirror of Dutch Wikipedia

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 9 19:17:21 UTC 2004

Delirium wrote:
>Oh, it's certainly a good idea, and doesn't hurt anything,
>to mention Wikipedia as the source.  But we can't *require*
>people to do so, and write them nasty letters if they don't,
>unless it actually is a legal requirement, which I don't think
>it is.

We may be able to argue that it is since we explicitly give people the option
of providing a link-back in lieu of the more strict author requirement of the
GNU FDL. Given our liberal interpretation of the GNU FDL I don't think that a
mention of our project's name is much to ask (even if it is just a request,
and not a mandate). As I said before this may even go beyond the GNU FDL and
get into proper referencing practices.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)