[Wikipedia-l] registering Wikipedia as a trademark

Delirium delirium at rufus.d2g.com
Thu Jan 8 21:54:04 UTC 2004

Constans, Camille (C.C.) wrote:

>Same in France, you can register .fr if you own the trademark. (the same european trademark)

Does this mean that we only need to register the trademark once for it
to be valid in the entire EU?  If so, EUR300 for an EU trademark plus
USD335 for a US trademark only adds up to USD$750 or so, which isn't all
*that* bad.  If, on the other hand, we have to register individually in
each EU country, that'd add up to a lot more.

-Mark