[Wikipedia-l] Re: Mapping complement to Wikipedia?

Jeff Meyer jeff at gwhat.org
Fri Feb 27 02:26:34 UTC 2004

Hi Mark -
You've sort of hit the nail on the head of what I'm envisioning.

While the tool I'm thinking about might need to be a fat client or a heavy
Java plug-in, I agree that it would need to be able to provide output to
tech-challenged browsers.

Side note: the interesting thing about picking a fixed interval for
animations is that a lot of weird stuff can take place in that gap, but
that's a problem for a little further down the road.

If you're looking for a cool application that comes close to what I have in
mind, check out: www.timemap.net.

As for Wikipedia integration, I think there are some challenges to working
with map-based data that would make just contributing maps to Wikipedia a
partial solution. That said, hopefully we can get a more sophisticated
solution to generate maps and linked objects for the Wikipedia and then
crank out what we need as content is contributed.
- Jeff

"Delirium" <delirium at rufus.d2g.com> wrote in
message news:403EA598.8060706 at rufus.d2g.com...