[Wikipedia-l] What would Richard Stallman say? (IP users)

Optim optim81 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 23 00:50:30 UTC 2004

Dear Mr. Stallman,

In my understanding by IP-users he meant the
anonymous users who post in Wikipedia without
having a registered user account (user name and
password). When someone posts without username
and password, his or her IP (Internet Protocol)
address is shown.

My opinion is that an anonymous user (IP user)
still owns the copyright of his or her works he
or she uploads. I don't think it matters he or
she has no user account in Wikipedia: he or she
still owns the copyright for his or her original
work and he or she chooses to submit his or her
work under the terms of GFDL. So, in short, the
"IP user" manages the copyright of his or her
edits or contributions (which he or she chose to
distribute under the terms of GFDL after he or
she pressed the Save button in Wikipedia). (IANAL
- I am not a lawyer).

By the way: Happy to see you posting on Wikipedia
mailing list. I would like to Thank you for your
"GNU" project and Wish you Happiness in your life
and Peace Profound.

--Optim

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html.