[Wikipedia-l] Re: Nauruan and this ugly message under each en:article

Austin Hair callidus at austinhair.org
Fri Aug 13 03:27:19 UTC 2004

> Having the URL on the screen doesn't do any harm. Having the URL be
> missing from the printed page does more harm.

"Harm?"  This feature was only introduced last week.  Were we somehow
hurt by the lack of this text before?

The phrase "From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia" makes the attribution
clear, IMO, and most browsers print the URL in the heading of each page
by default.  This, however, is hardly the point -- I'm not arguing for
the removal of the text, as most have noticed, but rather for its
re-implementation using CSS.

--
Austin D. Hair <austin at austinhair.org>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Callidus