[Wikipedia-l] Re:Perl

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 15 22:25:04 UTC 2004

This evening, on meta, Perl blocked a user, with the
ip adress of 24.228.45.144 for one hour. The motive
given is "vandal".

Here is the only edit of the guy on meta

http://meta.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Wikipedians_by_age&curid=5960&diff=32175&oldid=32172

Perl reverted this edit using roll back feature
http://meta.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Wikipedians_by_age&curid=5960&diff=0&oldid=32175

Then blocked the editor

* 23:04, 15 Apr 2004, Perl blocked 24.228.45.144
(expires 00:04, 16 Apr 2004) (contribs) (unblock)
(vandal)

-------

The so called vandal is an english user
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User%3AEtaonish

I see no evidence on his page that he is a vandal.
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Special:Contributions&target=Etaonish

I unblocked the user  on meta and put a note on his
english page.

-------

I asked Perl on irc why he had done so

his answers were

AlexanderStaggeringFluffy: he hasn't made any
contributions except vandalising the address listing

Alexander it was only for 1 hour

Alexander i thought he was trollkein

-------

I have not unsysoped Perl.