[Wikipedia-l] Perl

Pedro Fortuny pfortuny at sdf-eu.org
Wed Apr 14 10:02:12 UTC 2004

* Erik Moeller <erik_moeller at gmx.de> [2004-04-14]:
> Daniel-
> > So, has Perl knowingly abused any sysop user rights on the Maori Wikipedia,
> > Wikibooks, or Meta?  Granted he failed to follow the largely unwritten admin
> > rules for Meta, but an apparent honest mistake is hardly grounds for
> > de-adminship (unless he does it again after being informed of those rules).
> > His actions on Meta seemed to be acts in good faith as far as I could see.
>
> I agree. Meta is a bit of a craphole and Alexander did what he could to
> clean it up. I see no evidence that there was any attempt to resolve this
> matter in personal discussion - there is certainly no message on his talk
> page. Why does this need to be discussed on a public mailing list?
>
> The policy issues on Meta should be separated in the discussion from any
> personal issues. As he notes on his user page, Alex is a kid with
> Asperger's syndrome. Don't give him too much of a hard time, please. If he
> does something really stupid there are more than enough ways to undo it.

Moreover, taking the time to do such a boring thing as delteing 150
pages which probably deserved being deleted is -even though it may be
too bold- bordering on praisable behaviour. Even more if the rules for
Meta are not written.

I am glad to see him supported, by the way.

Pedro.

> Furthermore, Meta issues belong on foundation-l, not on
> wikipedia-l, as Meta is not just about Wikipedia.
>
> Regards,
>
> Erik

Pedro Fortuny Ayuso: http://pfortuny.sdf-eu.org
Colegio Mayor Peñafiel, Universidad de Valladolid
C/ Estudios 6, 47005 Valladolid, Spain -->        www.cmpenafiel.org
pfortuny at sdf-eu.org                         Tfn. Nr. 34  983  298277