[Wikipedia-l] Re: Perl

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Tue Apr 13 23:22:12 UTC 2004

>Tim Starling wrote
>
>>Timwi wrote:
>>
>>>I hope this shed some light on his motives and intentions; I think he's
>>>a really nice guy, and he doesn't deserve being badmouthed for his
>>>actions or being accused of being deliberately disruptive. This doesn't
>>>mean I'm defending his actions, but I think he just needs a little bit
>>>of social guidance, if you see what I mean. I am certainly glad that he
>>>is still around, and I'm sure he will continue to make valuable
>>>contributions in the future.
>>>
>>Perl is a nice guy who isn't deliberately disruptive. He's just impulsive,
>>has little understanding of the effect his actions will have on other
>>people, and is unwilling accept criticism. He might be nice, he might be
>>sincere, but I'm afraid I don't trust him with adminship.

Funny that just after I read this, he made a request to be an admin at
Wikisource, saying

> I'm a sysop on wikibooks and I would like to also have that status
> here. I frequently transwiki things from wikibooks and I would like to
> be able to delete accidental pages that I create without needing to
> list them.

If I look at his contributions, I don't even have to scroll to see them
all.  There's nothing controversial in that list.  A willingness on his
part to participate in discussions might be my first criterion before
acting.

Until at least one other Wikisourceror has noticed his request, I guess
I haven't really noticed it either.   :-)

Ec