[Wikipedia-l] statistics

Erik Zachte e.p.zachte at chello.nl
Sun Apr 11 16:48:03 UTC 2004

Anthere wrote:
"I think I need to have the rough number of hits per day on wikipedia (whole
project)"

Page requests:

Look at http://www.wikipedia.org/wikistats/EN/TablesUsagePageRequest.htm

Daily 4.4 million pages are requested for all Wikipedias, 1.8 million for
en:
This is slightly less than in March.

Visitors:

Look at http://www.wikipedia.org/wikistats/EN/TablesUsageVisits.htm

Daily 586,000 people visit any wikipedia. 215,000 visit en:
This is slightly less than in March.

Note that Webalizer may count several visits per day by one person as
several unique visitors if the time between those vists is several hours, so
a (very) small correction downwards is needed.

Figures may be influenced by current server setup (squids, etc), maybe
visitors are counted once per squid, or something like that, I don't know.

---

By the way: this allows me to say that the bottom line on both pages
contains nonsensical percentual forecasts, I already spotted this before, so
fix has been submitted.

Erik