[Wikipedia-l] Starting a new language: Upper Sorbian

Michael Wolf michal at michalupo.de
Mon Apr 5 02:29:18 UTC 2004

Hi everyone,

I'm new at Wikipedia and I want to start a wiki in Upper Sorbian. Upper
Sorbian is one of the 2 Sorbian languages spoken in East Germany in the
Federal country of Saxony. The other Sorbian language (Lower Sorbian) si
spoken in the Federal country of Brandenburg. The name of the region
where both Sorbian languages are spoken is Lusatia. Uppe Sorbian is
spoken in Southern part of Lusatia called Upper Lusatia. Upper Sorbian
is spoken by ca. 40,000 people. You can already find some information
about the Sorbian language in Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sorbian_language
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upper_Sorbian_language

What I have to do? AFAIK there must be translated the file Language.php
and copied to LanguageHsb.php. This I've alread done and I wrapped the
LangageHsb.php into a zip archive languagehsb.zip that you can find on:

http://www.michalupo.de/wikipedia/languagehsb.zip

I hope it will work. Could anybody create the domain
http://hsb.wikipedia.org?

Thank you in advance and kind regards,

Michael Wolf