[Wikipedia-l] Meta main page

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 4 05:26:01 UTC 2004

Before :

http://meta.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Main_Page&oldid=29076

Now : http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

What do you think ?

-----

It is not entirely done.

*Some links should probably be added on the main page
(please do add them, if you think these are very
useful ones, I in particular think of all technical
pages I never look at, so can't imagine how important
they are to some people)

*Please, someone find a way to convince text to fit at
the top of boxes, this is beyond me

*Some boxes need improvement, they are just draft
right now (collaboration in particular)

*Of course, many second level links are a bit messy
right now. Some are desperatly poor...look at
[[copyright]] for example...such a major matter...how
shameful :-)

*I tried to put the boxes according to my perception
of usefulness. That is...most people come here first
for technical issues (such as languages files)...or
hopefully, information...so, I put them at the top.
Whilst , most people probably do not access wikimedia
projects from meta itself, so I put them at the
bottom.

*I put some pink (yes !) on a couple of links, either
because they are most asked at some point, or to make
advertisement. Of course, I suggest that changes. We
could put pink on "press release" the next time we
make a general press release.

I hope I made meta a little bit more friendly
accessible. Still a lot of work to do :-)