[Wikipedia-l] Hondev and 'power' structure

Denny Vrandecic denny at nodix.de
Thu Apr 1 12:39:49 UTC 2004

Please, be careful with some of the terms, especially the following:

don't mix power with ability.

As far as I understand - I am no native english speaker - "power" means, you
may do sth and you are free to decide to do it or not.

"Ability" means you can do sth, but it is not your decision, if you may do
it.

Hondevs (or whatever their name will be) do get abilities, but certainly not
power. Just changing this word makes the discussion look quite different.

Just my humble opinion,
Denny