[Wikipedia-l] $6,000 goal reached!

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Sat Oct 11 00:20:58 UTC 2003

Jimmy-
> The current balance in the Paypal account is $7,040.09 USD.

> This came as a complete shock to me and is primarily the result of a
> single large contribution of $5,000.

> I'm not sure of the proper etiquette here, I am bursting at the seams
> to thank this person publicly, but with no indication really that
> I have permission, I'll let them remain anonymous for right now!

Wow! That is fantastic. I guess it goes to show how much goodwill there is
out there -- we probably don't have to fear for our future after all. I
hope you have requested permission from them to list them. I think it is
really important to give credit to people who make significant
contributions, this is well-documented as being an encouraging factor
(status and all that).

For future donations, I suggest the following policy:

Donations >$50 will be listed on [[Wikipedia:Donations]] (to be protected
and only edited by admins) with the name of the giver, unless the giver
requests to remain anonymous. How about adding this to the donation
webpage?

Should we remove the donation text for now as the preliminary goal has
been reached? If not, we need to set a new goal.

Regards,

Erik